Thursday, 15 October 2015
Tuesday, 3 March 2015
Friday was my last day at Brown Bag Films. It's been a great 18 months experience, so I wanted to leave with this little homage to the two shows I've been working on (Peter Rabbit season 2 and Octonauts season 4)
This week I started at Boulder Media as a character animator and I'm really excited and a bit nervous about it (in a good balance)! Time to get back into animation mode :)
Monday, 23 February 2015
Last day and I'm cheating a bit by adding a few gifs from a spacing exercise I did. The rule was that the top and bottom frame had to happen at the same place at the same time, but I could vary the spacing in-between for different results.
2. TRADITIONAL BOUNCING BALL SPACING (all though a bit light)
3. HEAVY SLOW IN/OUT
(Feels a bit like a magnet is involved)
4.STAGGERING MORE TOWARDS THE BOTTOM
5. ANTICIPATION WITH STAGGER TO A HALT
6. SORT OF A "TWO FORWARDS, ONE BACK" APPROACH
7. ALL INBETWEENS IN SAME SPOT.
8. ONE INBETWEEN IN THE MIDDLE
(The following are experiments with stretch with only one frame in the middle.)
9. ONE STRETCH TOUCHING EDGES OF TWO KEY FRAMES
(This pops a bit)
10. ONE STRETCH INTO THE CENTRE OF THE KEYS
11. ONE STRETCH TO THE END OF THE NEXT KEY, AND FROM THE MIDDLE OF PREVIOUS KEY
12. ONE STRETCH FROM THE END OF THE PREVIOUS KEY, AND TO THE MIDDLE OF THE NEXT
13. ONE STRETCH FROM END TO END
Thats it for me :)
Sunday, 22 February 2015
A few ideas that I've put on the shelf, for now at least. They are still being tossed and turned in my head from time to time.
When I first moved to Bournemouth, before university had started I went around photographing peoples feet. I had no real end goal other than the idea of looking for peoples personalities from their feet (A bit creepy, I know :P). I also wanted to do the same with hands. I like the idea just need to find something to unify it or focus it a bit more.
Don't have too much to say about this one other than that it was a story beat for an idea me and Katerina were thinking of developing. We got preoccupied with other ideas and life in general, but will probably/hopefully get back to this at some point.
3. CROSSING RIVER
I had this little idea of a scenario where a little girl discovers her power to create rocks when she gets close to the water, but couldn't find a satisfying and simple resolution to the idea and shelved it for now.