Tuesday 20 November 2012

Experiment

Did this little rowing exercise for the AIBanimation blog. I wanted to do an experiment where I was not allowed to linetest the animation until it was done (like the good ol' days). The aim was to maybe pick up on some things I'm struggling with, and to help me think and plan a shot in my head in terms of animation principles so that I know exactly what I'm doing before testing it. I don't think that this way necessary is better than the other, but both has something to bring to the table, and it was a good way for me to study now.

There's quite a bit of mistakes with the timing and spacing (it looks like he rowing in mud and he's really fast in the air), also some of the arcs doesn't quite work like I anticipated it. However, it was good fun to do and I'm hoping to do more stuff like this in the future :)


No comments:

Post a Comment